LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The University of Louisville's men's basketball team is facing another loss.
What You Need To Know
- UofL guard Charles Minlend sidelined for six weeks after knee injury
- Minlend sprained MCL in his left knee
- UofL announced last week Malik Williams would also be out for 12 weeks following an injury
- Cardinals to open their 2020-21 season Nov. 25
After suffering a knee injury during practice, graduate transfer guard Charles Minlend will be sidelined for six weeks. Last Thursday, Minlend sprained the medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his left knee, and an MRI test confirmed the injury.
Head Coach Chris Mack said Minlend was "having a good preseason to that point."
“Charles suffered a tear in his left MCL from practice last Thursday,” said Mack. “He was having a good preseason to that point. He has been a positive presence every day from the moment he arrived in June. We will miss him on the floor until mid-December. Knowing Charles, he will do everything needed to get back on the floor ready to go.”
Minlend averaged 14.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and 1.0 steals as a redshirt junior in 2019-20 as the top scorer for the University of San Fransisco. The North Carolina-native also earned All-WCC second team honors for each of the last two seasons and is ranked among the nation's top 20 graduate transfers by ESPN.
Just last week, the university announced it would be starting its season without its veteran forward/center Malik Williams, who fractured the fifth metatarsal in his right foot.
The Cardinals open their 2020-21 season Nov. 25, facing off against Southern Illinois in the KFC Yum! Center.