The teenagers who the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says set off a destructive device Monday night at a Dunedin park got the materials at Wal-mart.

According to the sheriff's office affidavits, the four 19 year olds, 17-year-old and 15-year-old went to the store with intentions to make a homemade explosive device.

The teens were taken into custody early Tuesday morning. They have each been charged with discharging a destructive device in a Dunedin park after several neighbors complained about a crowd gathering Monday night.

A short time after deputies responded to the Louis A. Vanech Recreation Complex at 3051 Garrison Road, some type of destructive device exploded near the park's racquetball courts.  

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office bomb squad detonated a second device. No injuries were reported.

Authorities said the teens admitted to making the device.

The teens have been identified as Tyler Wagner, Thomas Kemink, Bruce Edstrom II and Christopher Campbell (all 19), along with a 17-year-old and 15-year-old.

The juveniles are not being named due to Bay News 9's crime guidelines.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said it will not release the contents of the destructive devices out of concerns that others would try to build one.

Gary Brown, the uncle of Thomas Kemink, said the incident is very uncharacteristic of his nephew. Brown said Kemink hasn't been in trouble with the law before, and is a high school graduate with a job where he works hard.

Brown said he didn't know what the explosives could have been.

"I don't know what it was, but I still just think they were being kids," said Brown, who came to Kemink's first appearance in a Pinellas County courtroom. "Maybe just after the Fourth of July and having a little too much fun. I think they made a mistake and we'll attend to it as a family. We're more than disappointed with them."

He also said his nephew has a lecture coming his way.

"We haven't talked to him yet, but we're looking forward to it," he said.

Released on $5,000 bond, the 19 year olds were ordered not to go back to the park.

The two juveniles will face a judge Wednesday.