Dolci By Angie offers a cake pop recipe to fix all the bad moves the first time you attempted cake pop with your kids sans recipe.
It’s not hard to see why we are celebrating Angie Strevella during Hispanic Heritage Month, as she donned a shirt referencing her Puerto Rican “DNA” to cook her cauldron cake pops.
Spooky Halloween Cauldron Cake Pops
For the Cake Pops
- Baked and cooled vanilla cake (or any cake flavor)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of buttercream (if needed)
- 1 (12 ounce) bags black candy melts or chocolate wafers
- 12 (8-inch) Halloween straws or treat sticks
- 1/4 cup orange candy melts or wafers
- 1/4 cup yellow candy melts or wafers
- 1/4 cup red green candy melts or wafers
- Green pearl sprinkles (in assorted sizes)
- Vanilla almond bark or shortening (if needed)
- Cut cake into four sections.
- Remove caramelized area from top, bottom, and edges of cake (save for delicious ice cream topping).
- Cut each section again in four sections.
- Place standing mixer with paddle attachment (may also crumble cake into a large bowl if mixer not available).
- If needed, added buttercream one to two tablespoons at a time.
- With mixer set to low, mix with cake crumble until cake starts coming together and resembles wet sand but is not smooth.
- Using a measuring spoon, scoop a tablespoon of mix.\
- Using the palm of hands, roll the mixture into 1” balls until smooth and no visible cracking.
- Place the rolled balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- While cake balls chill, melt black chocolate candy melts in 15 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove cake balls from refrigerator.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and insert one stick into each cake ball.
- Refrigerator cake pops for 5 minutes.
- Remove cake pops from refrigerator and dip each cake pop into melted chocolate in a rolling motion until completely covered and return to cookie sheet.
- Repeat with each cake pop.
- Reheat chocolate if necessary.
- Chill cake pops until chocolate hardens.
- Combine and melt orange, yellow, and red candy melts in 15-second increments. (Add vanilla almond bark or vegetable shortening if needed.)
- Mix slowly to create marble looking streaks and smooth then add to pipping bag.
- Starting at the base of each cake pop (where the treat stick in inserted), pipe candy melts onto cake pops.
- Return to refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining black candy melts.
- Stir until smooth.
- Using a small spoon or piping bag, add the melted chocolate on top of cauldron cake pops.
- Sprinkle green pearls sprinkles –they look like bubbles (like to add candy eye as well). Let the pops set and then serve.